This is one of our all-time favorite meals. This dish will kinda actually make you feel like your eating real pasta...its filling, delicious, and super healthy (it's all veggies). Top with your favorite add ons like tomato sauce, dairy-free parmesan, pesto, or kite hill ricotta for added flavor.
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- Optional: Any other veggies you want to add
- Vegan parmesan
- Vegan Pesto
- Vegan Kite Hill cream cheese or ricotta
- Optional: spaghetti sauce instead
1. To cut open spaghetti squash: Use a sharp knife to poke a few holes in the squash where you want to cut. It should look like you’ve drawn a dotted line lengthwise on the squash
2. Place your squash in the microwave for 5-6 minutes. Let it cool. Cut along the dotted line
3. Scoop out inside of the squash and discard (save seeds if you want to cook them along with the spaghetti squash on the baking sheet)
4. Rub olive oil all over the inside of each squash
5. Place squash face down on a baking sheet (seeds too if you want) and bake for 30-35 mins at 400°
6. While the squash is baking, cook your ground turkey on a pan
7. Cut up zucchini, onion, and any additional veggies and sauté on the stovetop
8. Combine ground meat and veggies and set aside until spaghetti squash is done cooking
9. Once the squash is done (A knife should easily glide into any part of the inside of the squash), use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the squash to create the noodles.
10. Mix the noodles in with the ground meat and veggies. Add your sauce and toppings.