The benefits of eating seasonally with the best easy fall recipe that tastes 'restaurant-grade'.
Eating seasonally can subtly adjust your body to the changing temperatures as we move into the cold weather ahead. Squash is both a fall and winter recipe and is incredibly nourishing for your body. Not to mention, eating warm foods heats up your internal body temperature which is key according to Chinese medicine.
-1 packet of organic butternut squash or 1 large butternut squash halved vertically and seeds removed
-½ cup chopped onions
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon pepper
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-2 garlic cloves
-3 cups (24 to 32 ounces) vegetable broth
-1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash on the pan and drizzle each half with a light coating of olive oil.
2. Bake the squash for about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, sauté the chopped onion and garlic for about 3 to 4 minutes until the garlic golden. Add salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Transfer the contents to your blender.
4. Put the butternut squash into the blender.
5. Pour in 2.5-3 cups vegetable broth.
7. Blend on high.
8. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee, and top it off with a bit more salt and pepper and blend again.
9. Pour into bowls and enjoy!