Our delicious gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free cookie
After 8 tries (fails) of creating the perfect cookie base, we finally stumbled upon the golden recipe! This is a super healthy cookie that you won’t feel guilty eating. It’s gluten-free and vegan but there’s also zero refined sugar which is extremely important to avoid when dealing with any chronic illness (skin issues, fatigue, depression, IBS, etc.).
To sweeten the cookies, we added maple syrup which is chock full of antioxidants, helps with inflammation, and supports a healthy gut. Learn why you should use maple syrup for your baking sweetener in our next post.
This base can be adapted to make different cookie flavors using add-ins - chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, birthday cake, almond butter, etc.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Chocolate chip: chocolate chips and walnuts
- Birthday cake: Sprinkles
- Snickerdoodle: rolled in cinnamon sugar
1. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl
2. Mix in dry ingredients until fully combined
3. Separate the mixture into 3 (if making the 3 kinds above) and mix in toppings
4. Use a scooper to scoop out the mixture and place on a baking sheet. Press down on the cookies to flatten as they won’t spread much.
5. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
6. Let cool (cookies will continue cooking)