Who doesn’t love mini food?! We jumped at the opportunity to make mini chicken burgers with sweet potato buns. They were delicious and so healthy - we could eat them every night!!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 lb ground chicken or vegan ‘meat’ of your choice
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Onion
- 1 Avocado
- Spinach or lettuce
- Optional: dairy-free cheese
- Optional: Vegan cream cheese. We used@kitehillfoods- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Wash the sweet potato. Slice approximately 1 quarter inch thick for the “buns”
2. Put the sweet potato slices into a bowl and add the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until each slice is lightly coated and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees. They should be soft enough to easily eat them but firm enough to hold things inside
3. Dice zucchini and onion and put it into a medium-sized bowl with the ground meat. Chop up some spinach or lettuce and add to the bowl. Mix until fully combined
4. Spray a frying pan with a little oil. Take a small scoop of the meat mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball into a patty and put on the pan. Patty’s should be around 1.5 inches long (think of how big your sweet potato slices are and make the patty’s about the same size). Cook until the bottom of the burger no longer looks pink and then flip
5. To assemble burger: take 2 sweet potato slices that are similar in size. Place a patty on one of the slices and add avocado, tomato, cheese, and whatever additional toppings you want.
On the other sweet potato slice add@kitehillfoodscream cheese, pesto, mayo, or whatever spread you want. Place that sweet potato slice on the patty and enjoy!!