Rainbow energy salad with homemade whipped avocado crema and sweet potato!
🍠The base we use is sweet potato which helps fill us up and has incredible health benefits...A staple you want to have in your diet (swipe to find out why).
🥑The avocado crema makes an amazing thick, natural salad dressing that tastes unreal. We use this crema on almost everything from tacos to burgers!
- 1/2 zucchini diced
- 1/4 of a large onion diced
- 1/4 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 cups of spinach or other greens
1. Peel sweet potato and wrap in a damp paper towel. Microwave for 4-6 minutes or until soft
2. Dice sweet potato when cooled
3. Sauté zucchini and onion on a frying pan (add a little oil or butter if needed) for 8-10 minutes
4. In a blender or Nutra Bullet, blend avocado, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add a little water to help blend
5. To assemble salad, place spinach in a large bowl. 6. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas, sweet potato, rice, and zucchini onion mixture. Top with whipped avo cream and mix :)