Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, plant based recipe
This is one of our favorite recipes!! It tastes great, is plant based, and has the perfect texture. It's also much less effort to make than cauliflower crust pizza (and tastes better too)--not to mention has more of a pizza like consistency vs crumbly cauliflower crust. Most veggie crust pizza require a lot of cheese or eggs, but not this pizza, as the coconut flour and tapioca starch help with the texture and egg free binding. In other words, it does the trick. This pizza was crispy on the outside and delectably dough like on the inside.
Scroll below the pictures for the full ingredient list and preparation instructions.
So easy to make! Only 4 ingredients needed! Sweet potato, coconut flour, tapioca starch, and basil.
Mash sweet potato in a large bowl and add coconut four, tapioca starch, and spices.
Roll dough out on parchment paper and transfer to a frying pan with no oil on medium heat.
When the dough is no longer sticking to the pan (about 4-5 minutes) flip to the other side.
Dough should look like this on both sides, then you know to transfer to a baking sheet and add toppings.
We added Gotham Farms vegan pesto, Chao vegan cheese, zucchini, onions, tomato, and turkey.
And mushrooms and cilantro on the above pizza!
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees until desired level of crispiness is reached.
Let cool and enjoy!
2 cups baked and mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tapioca starch (can use arrowroot flour)
1 tbsp spices of choice (basil, oregano, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove skin from sweet potato.
3. Bake or microwave sweet potato. To microwave, poke holes in sweet potato with a fork and wrap in a damp paper towel. Put both potatoes into microwave together for 6 mins.
4. Mash sweet potato in large bowl. Add flour, tapioca starch, and spices and mix together.
5. Divide into 3 equal sized balls (will be sticky) .
6. Put flour on parchment paper and roll each dough ball out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
7. Transfer to a frying pan on stove and cook for 4-5 mins per side on medium heat. It will stick at first but loosen as it cooks. Thats when you know it's ready to flip.
8. Put on a baking sheet and add pizza toppings.
9. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
-Avo a Day