Alright pals here’s the recipe to the homemade vegan/cauliflower crust pizza and homemade pizza sauce you have been requesting...
The Cauliflower Crust (curtesy of @chocolatecoveredkatie)
4 cups of riced cauliflower
1 1/2 tsp of either baking powder OR 2 1/2 tbsp flax meal OR chia seeds (I used flax meal)
1/4 cup of water
1/3 cup of flour (I used almond flour)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to about 450 F
2. Put all of the ingredients into a food processor mixed it up and then put it on a pan and made a circle pizza (i the recipe we followed, it said to squeeze the cauliflower and other ingredients in a towel over a sink to get the water out before putting it on the pan. I would recommend doing that if you want a more crispy pizza crust. Ours was a little soggy in the middle because we forgot that step…oops!)
3. Cook the crust in the oven for about 20 minutes
The Vegan ZA Sauce (curtesy of @thevietvegan):
1 can of tomates (diced or whole)
10-15 leaves of fresh basil
2 cloves of fresh garlic
1 tbsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp red chili flakes (this is optional but we added for a little bit more spicy sauce)
1. Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend it up
2. Put it in a pot over medium heat and bring it to a bubble. Once it starts bubbling let it simmer and cook UNCOVERED until it isn’t so watery anymore.
3. After the crust is finished cooking…take it out put the sauce on and add all your favorite toppings. I added vegan parmesan cheese from Whole Foods, shitakke mushrooms, spinach, black olives and peppers.
4. Pop it into the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until you see that all of the toppings are cooked and cheese melted
5. Take it out, slice it up, and take as many pieces as you can because it won’t last long!