Bloating often occurs for a few different reasons:
1) Your diet may be too high in fat/protein (whether unhealthy or healthy fats) thus causing your liver to burnout. When your liver is overworked from trying to digest these fats and proteins, it eventually causes your stomach to become depleted and produce less hydrochloric acid to break down and digest your foods.
2) As this happens, one or more strains of strep bacteria that reside in EVERYONE’s bodies begin to irritate the intestinal wall linings causing discomfort and bloating.
3) Stress can also account for bloating...Excess stress strains the adrenals and excess adrenaline affects the intestinal lining.
4) Bacteria and viruses in the gut and colon:
A study funded by the National Institute of Health found that the human body has an average of five viruses that feed our chronic symptoms such as bloating, acne, brain fog, anxiety, depression, sleeping problems, fatigue, and digestive issues to name a few (Medical News Today).
When there is an overgrowth of bad bacteria in our body, it is often located in the liver and the intestines, also known as our gut. Our gut bacteria cause our digestive system to suffer and thus our body has difficulty breaking down foods fast enough leading to bloating stomach pains, and malabsorption of nutrients.
When we eat a diet heavy in refined sugar and white flour, as well as other trigger foods such as gluten, dairy, eggs, processed sugar, soy, corn, canola oil, tuna, etc., we contribute to creating an imbalance of gut bacteria in our bodies because this food feeds the bacteria.
Cleansing your body of the accumulated buildup and bacteria
Avoiding trigger foods: gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, soy, canola oil, processed sugar
The easiest way to start: juicing celery
Celery is an herb that the body needs because it contains iodized salts that starve and cling onto bad bacteria and eliminates them from your body.
Iodized salts also chemically neutralize toxins, in other words, they make toxins ineffective in the body.
It also restores hydrochloric acid and helps the liver produce bile, which is incredibly important for digesting food and killing pathogens.
Drinking 16oz of fresh organic celery juice in the morning on an empty stomach can do wonders for your body.
Establish a Morning Routine to Support Your Body:
1) Drinking a glass of filtered water with lemon first thing in the morning hydrates your cells.
Wait half an hour and drink your 16oz of fresh organic celery juice on an empty stomach.
2) These two steps work to hydrate, nourish, and clear your body of the build-up of pathogens. You will feel the results because the celery juice often causes you to have a bowel movement shortly after drinking.
3) Wait 15 minutes before consuming a large smoothie with liver and gut supportive prebiotic ingredients. We love the Medical Medium’s liver rescue smoothie or the heavy metal detox smoothie that we will post this week!
4) Try and avoid “radical fats” and protein until lunchtime to give your liver a chance to detox. Radical fats include nuts, seeds, avocado, milk, meat.
5) Incorporate lots of leafy greens and veggies into your diet. Boil your vegetables instead of baking and sauteing. If you do saute them, you actually don’t need to use oil, butter, or ghee on the pan.